Sunday, March 8, 2009

Barrister's Ball

Saturday night we got all dressed up and headed to Camden Club (in Camden Yards) to attend my school's Barrister's Ball. Basically, it's like prom for law school with an open bar. From the time I started law school, the difference in life stages has certainly shown. Me being married seems very weird to those who just graduated from college in the spring. I'm close with everyone in my section, especially a few, so I never knew how different they saw me until last night.

As I was out on the dance floor, people kept asking where Ian was. My response "I don't know - he's somewhere around here." They were shocked that we wouldn't be next to each other, or that he felt comfortable enough for me to go off and do my own thing for a little while. It's something I've always LOVED about him, is that he totally gets that I'm social and talkative and love dancing. But the part that is great is that in addition to "getting" it about me, he totally supports it, and he is social enough that he'll find someone to talk to while I do my own thing. I don't have to babysit him at events.

Then, as I am still on the dance floor later in the night, the comment that made it apparent to me: "You're the coolest married woman I know."

Well, I'm married, not dead people! I am still me! I still love gossiping with girlfriends and dancing my ass off to good music. I also like getting drunk on occasion. I hardly think that any of that would change from age 22 to 26. But it certainly made me realize how just a few years can make people mature. I'm not sure I wouldn't have thought the same if I hadn't seen many friends get married yet.

All in all, it was a fantastic time (and I'm still recovering today). Here are some pics from the night just to show you it was a good time.

Here's the before dancing shot:

And the after dancing (and many drinks) shot (aka...I'm a hot sweaty mess):

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love how sweaty you are in that last picture. You really love to get down.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!