Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Grades are In

Well - I had anxiously been awaiting my grades from my first semester of law school. I finally got the last one today. While I am not thrilled with 2 of my grades (one of them especially), I am very happy with 3 of them. Would I do anything differently? Yes! I've decided that I'm going to continue working my butt off to try to not get one of those 2 lesser grades for this spring semester. The question is, how am I going to do this?!

With so little sleep as it is (4.5 hours of sleep last night - shoot me!), and very little time in the day that isn't dedicated to schoolwork or classes, I'm trying to find how I can fit anything more into my schedule. I honestly don't think I can dedicate anymore time, simply because there isn't any left in the day to do so. So instead, I'm going to try different things that I didn't make time for last semester. Like study groups. I occasionally would get together to review something, but I certainly didn't make a habit out of it. This semester, I'm going to shoot to get together with someone about every two weeks to review each class and what we've covered over the last couple weeks. I think this will give me the opportunity to hear and learn from my peers about what they view to be important, and we can bounce ideas off of eachother.

Also in trying to improve things this semester, we rearranged two rooms in our house. The office had originally been upstairs in the 2nd bedroom, and the 2nd bedroom we had put in the basement. This was all fine and dandy, except I wasn't using the office to study! Over break we finally realized why I'm not into that room. First, there are sliding glass doors off the back bedroom that go onto our deck. During the fall when the afternoon sun would hit those doors, the room became a sauna. Now that it's about 20 degrees here, that room is brrrrr cold! I can't regulate the temperature in that room very well. Also, I'm a scare-dy cat and hate that there are two big glass windows that someone could see in at night. We do have partial shades on them, but it was creeping me out! So Ian began the process of switching the rooms over the weekend. Thanks to MrsTwink's hubby for coming over and helping Ian move furniture. Ian is finishing it up tonight, and I have to say, I already LOVE it so much more. I'll post pictures after we're finished.

And I don't feel I can end this post without recognizing how amazing yesterday was as a moment in our history. While I stay away from politics on here, I can understand that no matter who you voted for, I hope you can still see that yesterday was still quite a day. As a side note, Annie called to tell me that someone we knew growing up was on TV at the inauguration ball and had just proposed to his girlfriend. He also happens to go to my law school. Exciting times all around! Here's the story.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on al the grades being in, and taking proactive steps to make the upcoming semester even better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!