Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Countdown Begins

As of today - 1 month and 1 week.


We managed to watch two movies this past weekend:
  1. 27 Dresses - LOVED this movie. I probably helped that it got a lot of hype, so therefore I went into thinking that the hype was going to be overrated. But seriously, thought this movie had a lot of humor and a couple twists.

  2. P.S. I Love You - Kind of the opposite happened with this. Even though it was rated badly, I thought I was going to love this. Well, after 1.5 hours of sobbing my eyes out, Ian decided it was time to turn the movie off. We finished it the next day, where I proceeded to sob my eyes out. I wasn't sobbing because I felt some connection with this couple (although, I found their relationship somewhat odd), but instead was sobbing thinking of how I would react if Ian were to check out earlier than at least 75 years old. I just couldn't stop the tears from pouring out of my eyes and making my face and eyes all red and puffy. Not really sure I recommend this one unless you feel like sobbing your eyes out. Honestly - not sure if I have tears left for the wedding (which may be a good thing - me no likey mascara down my face). On second thought, maybe I should watch this before the wedding as a way to prevent me from getting teary eyed. Hmm - now that's a thought!

Last night we met with our priest and everything went as planned. We went through the order for procession, recession, the mass and any details we wanted incorporated. He then asked us each several questions: hobbies? favorite music? favorite band or artist? how did you meet?

We left out the details of how we met and just stated the basics - at a bar in Baltimore on St. Patty's Day. I don't think our priest needs more details than that!

I've been going through knottie bios recently and came across BensBride08. She had a lovely wedding but what impressed me above all were all of her DIY projects! She made freaking color books for the kids at the wedding - seriously, a little crazy, but amazing job! Check it out - I wish ours came out as well as hers - but I'm sorry to say that ours aren't half as nice as ours!


1 comment:

  1. I felt the same exact way about both movies.

    I was really sobbing throughout P.S. I love You but can't really recommend it as a "good" movie. That sort of setup just always gets me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!