Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Tuesday night Ian took me to Black Market for my birthday dinner and it was awesome! It's owned by the Black Restaurant Group who have amazing restaurants - you should def check them out! I highly recommend the mussels as an appetizer - yum!

Wednesday we woke up bright an early to head to Brookside Gardens to meet with our photographer. It was a beautiful day and the gardens are A-MAZING! We were really excited to see how he worked with us and he'll be giving us the cd of images on Monday.

Our Thanksgiving day was so great. Ian's parents came down to go with us to Maggie and Brian's house with our family. The food is always fantastic and their house is extremely homey - it feels so much like fall when you go there for Thanksgiving. I also have to mention that I made an appetizer that I had stolen the recipe from Bridget's bridal luncheon and it was a huge hit. Here's the recipe:

Stuffed Gouda Balls
1 8 oz can of crescent rolls
1 7 oz ball of gouda (or smoked gouda)

Separate the can of crescent rolls in half and make them into two squares. Cut the ball of gouda into 2 thin slices horizontally so that they are still round. Place one block of cheese onto each square of crescent rolls. Fold up the crescent roll around the gouda very tightly so that there are no gaps. Place the folded side down on a non-greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees until golden brown. Serve with jam on the side (such as chipotle-raspberry). DELICIOUS!

Last night was kind of a damper for me because I was so worried about surgery this morning. The surgeon had prescribed me a medicine to take before even coming to the hospital to try to calm me down. I took that - but it barely helped this morning! I started crying as soon as Ian and my Mom came back after I was in my gown and hooked up to the IV. This was a true test for Ian because I tend to be quite needy in these types of situations. But he was a rock - he was awesome and even kept his nervous jokes to a minimum. Although, my mom did inform me that as soon as they wheeled me off for the surgery they went into the waiting room and Ian was quite choked up - aww he's cute.

I woke up very quickly after surgery and was released from the hospital about 45 minutes after waking up. The surgery was only about 30 minutes - I love my surgeon! There was no tear - the tendon was just extremely weak and there was a ton of scar tissue. He cleaned it up and sewed the bad tendon to a healthy tendon to strengthen it. The awesome news about this is that I have less recovery time! So currently as I type, I am on the couch with blankets all around me, my foot (in a cast) is propped up on lots of pillows, and there are two tubes coming out of the cast that attach to 2 tubes that go into an ice cooler. The ice cooler has a motor on it that pumps the ice water through my cast. It keeps the swelling down, and since I've been home I have yet to take the pain medicine the doc prescribed. I'm obsessed with this machine!

I'm out of work for the next week until I see the doctor. I will find out then when I switch into a walking cast and then shortly after will start a short course of physical therapy. All in all, I am pleased at how smoothly things went today and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the surgery went well! So while you're immobile, this is a true test of Ian as your hubby. I'm sure he'll do fine! :) Just let me know if you need me to stop by with a care package!

    And I can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAH!!! I'm so glad everything worked out ok! I'm jealous - I never got a cool pumping ice maching! My, how times have changed! :P

    Make sure you don't overdo it though and keep that leg up!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!