Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Recipe finds on Pinterest

I have a confession.  I am addicted to Pinterest.  In all seriousness, it has helped me on a night when I cannot think of what to make.  It has also provided me with some quick household tricks, and even given me lunchtime ideas for Luca.  I pin way too many things than I could possibly try.  But we have tried quite a few recipes we have found on there.  Here are a few recipes we have found, tried and liked:
  • Buttermilk Soaked Baked Parmesan Pork Chops  (we made our own buttermilk using lowfat milk and vinegar, you can find how to do that by searching "how to make buttermilk" in any search engine)
  • Roasted Parmesan Sweet Potatoes (make sure you spray your pan before placing the potatoes on it)
  • Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze - Ian is a big sweets person.  I am constantly looking for ways to cook sweet things but adding some health benefit into it, or at least making it less bad for you.  This cake is great - only two ingredients and tastes delicious.  Even Ian approved.
  • Crockpot Lasagne - This is actually a weight watchers recipe that is easy and obviously fairly healthy.  Ian does not like peppers, so I put zucchini in instead.  Really messy when served, but really good.
What are some of your favorite pins you have found?

2 comments:

  1. I made potato soup from there the other day! AMAZING!!! I've done the OMG chicken with mayo before and it was hit, plus a taco bake and some chicken and rice cheesy bake that was pretty low in cals the other night. I love pinterest too.. and all of these are under my board..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to check out your boards because I cannot get enough of these recipes! Thanks :)

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts!