Friday, July 20, 2012

My mom keeps telling me to write down certain moments we have with Luca so that we will never forget them.  Here are a couple tidbits from yesterday.

After only 3.5 hours of sleep the night before (I have no idea why she got up at 3:15am - so unlike her but as long as we were in the room with her, she stayed in her crib laying there), and a long day of tests and appointments at the hospital, I put on a DVD for Luca to watch, hoping that she would let me close my eyes on the floor next to her to rest.  I closed my eyes, and within a minute I felt her poking my eyelids.  Every time I closed my eyes, poke.  So much for resting.

I decided to get up and make some coffee since the whole resting plan was ruined.  As I was making coffee, Luca came into the kitchen smiling.  I noticed right away that something did not look right - something orange was all around her mouth and in her teeth.  I guess the orange crayon looked tasty to her.  That should be interesting when she poops that out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your blog through The Mommy Blawg.

    I am getting married this coming September, but I also aspire to go to law school in the near future.

    I have a dream involving law, but I want to be 100% available to my children in the future. I do not know -- how am I supposed to juggle family life and a career? I am not looking just at the next five or ten years, but the next twenty, thirty, etc.

    What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!