Monday, May 23, 2011

Two recipes for you

Chorizo Carbonara: I made this recipe a couple weeks ago and it was awesome.  Most definitely not for the vegetarians out there.  It has a little heat to it but if you do not like spicy food, you can probably find some not-spicy chorizo at your store.  I substituted some lactose free whole milk in for the cream and it was still delicious.  When I was mixing the egg and milk mixture into the pasta, I thought "well this cannot possibly be good" but by the time I got it the table, the sauce had coated the pasta nicely.  I topped it with some parmesan cheese.  Also, this recipe was super quick to make!

Creamy Pasta with Leeks, Peas and Parmesan:  This recipe was passed along to me and I made it last week.  I doctored it up a bit, using lactose free whole milk (and a bit of light cream) instead of heavy cream.  I also added parmesan, and some garlic powder.  It was really good!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!