Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sick - Again

Geez, this fall has not been kind to my health.  First, I got a cold a couple months ago, then got strep throat 1 month ago, now I have a sinus infection.  Maybe the third time is the charm? As in, the 3rd time will be the last time?   It better be, I'm tired of being sick.

Good news is that at my doctor's visit today, even with the sinus infection, I was still able to receive the H1N1 vaccine (I'm in the last group of people receiving the vaccine- susceptible person because of the asthma).

In other health news, I have been off of my preventative asthma medicine for over 4 weeks now (I talked about going off of it here).  The initial exhaustion from being off of it (it has a mild stimulant in it) has somewhat subsided.  I still am feeling pretty tired, but I feel like it's a bit better.  But nothing has really changed with my weight gain.  I haven't gained anymore though, so that's a big positive.  But he's running a few more tests just be sure nothing more serious is wrong.  And then we'll wait and see if my weight comes down from being off the medicine.  I have high hopes!  We talked about food intolerances, and I'm considering going to a holistic doctor who would test for various food intolerances.  Ever heard of anyone doing this?

One of my besties had health problems for a lot of years.  Doctors ran test after test after test, (some of these tests were uncomfortable and/or invasive), but were never able to determine what the problem was.  Then, she went to a natural/holistic doctor and they finally determined that she couldn't process corn.  This meant anything with corn (corn starch, corn syrup, corn meal, etc.) wasn't processing correctly.  She has since cut it out of her diet, and voila, her health problems are basically gone.  I would totally go to her doctor, except she lives in New York and you have to go a few times to be monitored as they're figuring out what's wrong and adjusting things accordinly.  I was thinking it might be worth me visiting this doctor next time I'm visiting my friend - we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!